Don’t Miss Americas Print Awards, Live on YouTube on October 24!
The U.S. print and graphic communications industry will recognize its best work at Americas Print Awards broadcast live on YouTube on October 24. Ten regional print associations across the U.S., including PIAG, submitted entries from members judged to have produced the best work in their local areas. Entries shown from Georgia were among those that earned top honors at the 2023 PIAG imPRESS Celebration of Print.
A panel of three industry experts served as judges for Americas Print Awards and tackled reviewing more than 100 entries and selecting 18 winners, including the coveted “Best of Show” award.
“We’re proud of the top work produced in Georgia and look forward to the competition,” said Jon Krueger, PIAG President & CEO. “More importantly, the national awards show is an opportunity to celebrate the U.S. print industry and recognize the innovation, engineering, and creativity on display in Georgia and across the country.”
A look behind the scenes
The judging criteria included level of difficulty, visual impact, creativity/originality/flair, composition and innovation. Here’s an outline of the process:
- Regional competitions were held by print affiliates.
- Top regional winners were entered into the national contest. Entries were physically shipped to offices of this year’s event host (in this case, PIA).
- Entries logged and properly stored.
- Entries examined by staff to answer any questions the judges may have.
- Judging room set up with each entry presented anonymously to ensure the judges do not know what company or region it came from.
- Judging occurs. In the morning the judges each go through every entry on their own, studying and learning about each piece. After lunch the judges go through the entries together, whittling things down until the winners are selected.
- Winning entries filmed. At the awards ceremony, after each winning entry is announced, viewers will see a video of the piece and hear a description and discussion about what makes the piece such a standout.
- Awards show takes place via a live broadcast on YouTube.
You won’t want to miss the live awards announcement broadcast
To ensure that printers and other graphic communications specialists nationwide can view and be inspired by these pieces, the winners will be announced live on YouTube, in a broadcast sponsored by Canon. Viewers will get a 4K experience with detailed video imagery and explanations of each piece. Be sure to register or subscribe to make certain you don’t miss this event!
Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Time: 3:00 ET