PIAG Foundation Supports Students at Print Industry Competitions
The PIAG Educational Foundation recently partnered with SkillsUSA Georgia to provide print and graphic communications students with professional experience while recognizing them for their talent.
SkillsUSA Georgia hosted their State Leadership and Skills Conference March 9-11, 2023. On March 10, PIAG led the Advertising Design, Graphic Communications, and Screen Printing competitions, which were hosted by PIAG members Heidelberg and Danger Press. Nearly 30 students participated across the three competitions, which tested their expertise and knowledge, as well as communication and leadership skills.
Congratulations to those students with top place finishes.
- Jaine Geckler, North Atlanta High School
- Ella Lawler, Flowery Branch High School
- Kathy Truong, Rome High School
- Avery Chalmers, Flowery Branch High School
- Judson Bray, Rome High School
- Jaelyn Balistreri, R W Johnson High School
- Aria Warner, Hiram High School
- Isabella Rachel, Harris County High School
- Olivia Daniel, Clarke Central High School
The Educational Foundation has also provided scholarships to cover the registration fee and assist with travel expenses for up to six students who will advance to compete at the SkillsUSA National Leadership & Skills Conference that will be held in Atlanta this June.
“PIAG congratulates all of the students who took the initiative to compete,” said Jon Krueger, PIAG President & CEO. “We’re proud of our volunteers and staff for supporting these talented young people and introducing them to the commercial print and graphic communications industry.”
We want to thank the following PIAG members for their assistance in judging the competition and making the event a successful experience for these students.
- Heather Banis, Heidelberg
- Paul Cavanaugh, Heidelberg
- April Duncan, Scott Lithographing
- Jess Gerjets, id8
- Ed Jewell, Danger Press
- Anthony Kircheim, Heidelberg
- Courtney Linebarger, Heidelberg
- Allan Lunt, Heidelberg
- Jeff Powalisz, Heidelberg
- Steve Smith, Landa
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. The SkillsUSA Georgia State Leadership & Skills Conference featured over 159 career competition events and over 2,000 student competitors.