Mailpiece Design Consultant Certification (Virtual) 2023
Mailpiece Design Consultant Certification (Virtual)
Obtaining certification in understanding and designing mail for automation is essential for mailers to get their mail accepted, receive Postal discounts and speed mail delivery for themselves and their customers. PIAG will be providing a virtual classroom program with an open book exam for certification as a Mailpiece Design Consultant (MDC).
- Learn the basics of mailpiece design and what is required for automation, postage discounts and faster processing through the U.S. Postal System.
- Find out “WHAT NOT TO DO” to prevent your mail from being rejected, returned or damaged.
- Find out where to go for help for questions, design support and apply the correct postage.
- Find out how your company can reap the benefits of Intelligent Mail Barcode (IMb) with informed visibility and informed delivery
- Find out about the latest changes to USPS rates, regulations and how to keep up to date.
- Monday, October 23: 1:00 - 2:30 pm Eastern
- Tuesday, October 24: 1:00 - 2:30 pm Eastern
- Wednesday, October 25: 1:00 - 2:30 pm Eastern
- Thursday, October 26: 1:00 - 3:00 pm Eastern
The MDC is a written open book paper exam that will be given online after the training is completed. There is HOMEWORK - To help you prepare, a PDF study guide and sample test questions will be sent to you after registration. Register early to ensure you get your materials in a timely manner! When registering for the program, attendees will be pre-registered for the MDC exam. The results of the online exam will be given via email along with a certificate. Because the exam is open book, the passing grade is 90%. The test can be taken online one additional time at no additional cost. The MDC certification is good for two years.
This MDC certification is offered in partnership with the Mail Systems Management Association (MSMA), a national organization contributing to the advancement of the mailing industry through education. The coveted MDC certification provides recognition that the individual has achieved the highest level of education and understanding in mailpiece design. Upon a successful passing grade they receive a certificate of achievement and their name appears in the MSMA National Directory of MDCs. The MDC designation will tell your colleagues and customers of your proven education and achievement as a Mailpiece Design Consultant.
James (Jim) C. Barlow, Jr., CMDSM, EMCM, MDP, MDC, President/Principal Consultant for Mail Systems Management, LLC, has a diverse business background with over 25 years in the mailing industry covering commercial printing and mailing and numerous mail services engagements including 13 years supporting outsourced management offerings for Xerox Global Services. Jim is a MSMA Certified Mail and Distribution Systems Manager (CMDSM), a USPS Executive Mail Center Manager (EMCM), a USPS Mail Design Professional (MDP) and a MSMA Mailpiece Design Consultant (MDC). He is a highly rated speaker and frequently presents at the National Postal Forum, MailCom and Postal Customer Council Education Seminars. In addition, Jim is Past President of the Washington Metro Chapter of the MSMA, Past Industry Chairman for the Greater Baltimore Postal Customer Council, a member of PGAMA and an approved Consultant for Printing United Alliance and Mailer’s Hub.
On Thursday, Leo Raymond, Managing Director of Mailers Hub will be on board to present “What’s Happening Now and What’s Coming Up with the USPS.”
Cost: $195 for PIAG members and $225 for not-yet members