Design Excellence Competition
The 2021 DEC has been postponed.
Information on 2022's competition will be announced this winter.
Should you have any questions, we invite you to contact Jennie Thomas, CAE at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly by phone at (678) 816-1166.
Jennie N. Thomas, CAE
Director, Marketing & Engagement
Entries are limited to Georgia-based designers only. Designers must be payroll employees or students of member or non-member companies, design organizations or schools. PIAG member designers, member companies, and student entries are FREE. Non-member designer & company entries are $25.
A designer is allowed to enter a maximum of two entries for the contest.
All entries submitted into the contest will be become property of the Printing and Imaging Association of Georgia (PIAG). No entries will be returned to the designer. PIAG reserves the right to make alterations to designs if needed for production.
*High School Students Only* All high school student entries must be submitted by the instructor with the designer’s name, school or organization, and a teacher or parent’s contact information.
PIAG will be using an online submission form and only accepting entries submitted through this system. No printed entries will be accepted.
To enter, fill out the 2019 Design Excellence Competition Entry Form. The form will require an upload of the design being entered. Please note, only EPS or PDF files can be uploaded. The designers with the winning entry will be contacted for all necessary design files.
Deadline For Entry
Submission deadline for entries in the 2019 Design Excellence Competition is Wednesday, May 1 at 5:00 p.m. EST. No late entries will be accepted.
- PIAG member employees, AIGA and other graphic art organization designers, and students: Free
- Non-Members: $25*
*PIAG staff will make payment arrangements after the entries have been submitted.
- Each year, PIAG staff members select graphic specialists from both in-state and out-of-state firms. These individuals will be asked to serve as a judge for the competition.
Awards and Recognition
The winners of the Design Excellence Competition will receive recognition in the following ways:
- Recognition at ImPRESS 2018 at Atlanta’s Fox Theatre on August 9
- Inclusion in the 2018 Print Excellence Awards Annual, a publication mailed to selected media specifiers
- 1 complimentary set of printed award certificates for the artist’s portfolio
- Cash prizes will be awarded to winner(s)
Interested in being a Sponsor of the Design Excellence Awards?